Jobs in Tanzania 2019: New Job Opportunities at DAI Global LLC – Iringa and Dar es salaam | Deadline: 16th August, 2019 AJIRA TANZANIA 2019 / NAFASI ZA KAZI 2019
Job Title : Junior Finance Assistant – 1 positionReports to : Senior Accountant Location : Dar es Salaam, Tanzania Summary of Primary Duties The Junior Finance Assistant is a key member of the finance team. He or she will play a pivotal role in ensuring adherence to financial policies, project policies and procedures, regulations, controls, and reporting systems. The Junior Finance Assistant will provide accounting and financial analysis support to the, Senior Accountant and Finance and Administration Manager. He/she will support the submission of financial reports based on internal company deadlines. This position will ensure compliance of all accounting and financial reporting functions This position covers for the Senior Accountant in his or her absence. This position reports directly to the Senior Accountant. The Junior Finance Assistant may perform other related duties as assigned.
- Assist to ensure all time sheet are filled out on each end of month and Signed and approved by respective approvers
- Assist and Support Finance team on various trainings held In Dar es Salaam or else where
- Follow-up of EFD and Receipts from Vendors and Suppliers
- Assist in Reviewing documentation of Travel Advance and Employees expense reports.
- Support in the VAT exemption process through filing of exemption Forms, timely submission of complete exemption forms to USAID and real time updating of the VAT tracker
- Following up with vendors for VAT refunds on all approved exemption forms/ certificates.
- Assist with preparation of periodical VAT reports and VAT refund updates due to USAID.
- Ensure all incoming invoices are recorded in the Invoice Register and verify vendor invoices for accuracy and validity.
- Assist in review of voucher documentation before payment processing in FAS.
- Assist with verification of mobile numbers for workshop/conference/ participants before processing of (MWP) Mobile Wallet payments.
- Ensures request for payments have appropriate approvals.
- Assist in recording and assigning costs based on approved budget in field accounting system (FAS)
- Filing of Finance vouchers according to the filing system, Labelling of files and retrieval when needed
- Scan and upload voucher files to DAI’s System for the Electronic Archival of Financial Documentation – BOX
- Maintenance of the file management systems for soft and hard copy documentation
- Assist with review of finance files to ensure correct filing of vouchers and identify any missing vouchers in the files.
- Assist with following up on statutory deductions submission to ensure they are all updated on time.
- Assists in preparing information for any contractual financial reporting requirements (if applicable)
- Support in preparation of documents in readiness for internal and external audits
- Perform any other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelors’ Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or equivalent.
- At least 1 year of relevant experience and progressive responsibility in finance and accounting, office administration, and/or project operations at the entry- level of an organization
- Experience in the entire VAT exemption process and lodging VAT refund claims.
- CPA part Intermediate Level is preferred
- Minimum 6 months experience working in USAID funded projects
- Accuracy in working with large amounts of data.
- Ability to respond effectively to the time sensitive inquiries.
- Experience with Microsoft office suite and MIS programs
- An energetic, forward-thinking and creative individual with high ethical standards and appropriate professional image
- An extremely well organized and self-directed individual with sound technical skills, analytical ability, good judgment, and strong operational focus
- Fluency in English is required.
Job Title : Procurement and Local Subcontracts Officer – 1 position
Reports to : Senior Human Resources and Operations Manager.
Location : Dar es Salaam
Summary of Primary Duties
The Procurement and Local Subcontracts Officer will play a pivotal role
in ensuring integrity, fairness, and openness in procurement processes
as well as adherence to policies, procedures, and controls. The main
responsibility for this position is to conduct procurement of goods and
services. The position requires relevant work experience in the field of
procurement and contracting across a variety of industry sectors,
contract management, managing interpersonal relationships and
communication, and investigating/following up on vendor issues. The
position requires knowledge of the Federal Acquisition Regulations
(FAR). The Procurement and Local Subcontracts Officer will be
responsible for gathering complete procurement related backup
documentation and auditing prior to submission to the Finance team. He
or she will develop and release solicitations, and conduct
price/cost/reasonability analyses, as well as perform any other related
duties as assigned.
- Prepare complete backup documentation for procurement purchases & submit to project’s Finance Team.
- Conduct daily reviews of procurement related backup documentation to ensure completeness, accuracy, and compliance with USAID and DAI policies
- Assist and collaborate in external or internal audits as necessary
CHECK SCHOLARSHIPS OPPORTUNITIES TO STUDY ABROAD CLICK HERE!
Policies & Procedures
- Ensure adequate procurement competition is achieved, as per USAID and DAI policies and procedures
- Ensure DAI/USAID and FAR policies, and procedures are followed and enforced
- Help other project staff become more familiar with, and understand, the DAI policies and procedures as related to procurement, and train or help staff where necessary on procurement planning
- Ensure integrity of procurement process and compliance with procedures
Procurement Management Systems
- Maintain electronic procurement records & files in various DAI’s system platforms
- Help DAI staff understand the use of procurement systems as necessary
General Acquisition & Procurement Responsibilities
- Solicit bids and quotes from vendors in adherence with policies & approved requisitions and quarterly procurement plans
- Monitor, track and expedite all project procurement activities and delivery status of goods/services
- Keep up-to-date on market information – including pricing – independently
- Help non-procurement staff understand the requirements for submitting accurate and thorough requisitions, cost estimates, statements of work, or to determine other technical specifications
- Assist project staff in coordinating meetings, facilitating discussions, and developing briefings in support of the source selection process
- Prepare cost evaluation data, and source selection documentation for review and approval
- Ensure procurements are approved by the required DAI authorities, and/or client approvals are received, before awards are made
- Through market research efforts, identify and qualify potential suppliers (and products/services)
- Maintain procurement file system in DAI’s procurement system (TAMIS)
- Analysis of proposals on cost saving, reduction strategies, reasonability & allowability in the project
- Preparation of Purchase Orders (PO) and contracts in and outside TAMIS Pro, preparation of BPAs for contracting of services, vendors’ and buyers’ profiles creation in TAMIS Pro and develop and manage roster of suppliers
- Prepare and present reports on procurement status, updates to project management.
- Carry out other duties and responsibilities as directed Supervisory Responsibilities
- The Procurement and Local Subcontracts Officer will have no supervisory responsibilities.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related field. A Master’s Degree in Procurement is preferred.
- 5+ years of relevant experience and progressive responsibility in procurement in an organization
- Minimum 2 years’ experience working in a procurement role for USAID funded projects
- Experience with the procurement & acquisition aspects of USAID funded projects, including a demonstrated understanding of applicable procurement- related USG & Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) regulations
- Accuracy in working with large amounts of data
- Ability to respond effectively to time sensitive demands & inquiries
- Proficiency using Microsoft office suite, and other relevant software
- Demonstrated strong problem-solving skills as well as exceptional customer relations (both internally & externally)
- Excellent organizational skills with a willingness to take initiative and be proactive in the procurement process
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple concurrent bids
- Excellent communications and ability to relate to people at all levels of an organization and of different multi-cultural backgrounds
- Extremely well organized and self-directed individual with sound technical skills, and analytical ability
- Experience with Microsoft office suite. TAMIS and TAMIS Pro will be added advantage
- Fluency in English is required
Position : Grants Officers (2 positions) 1 in Iringa, 1 to be determined
Reporting to : Grants Manager
- Develop and/or revise Request for Application, Annual Program Statements.
- Request for Proposal, Concept notes, Grants &Contracts manuals, support documents, templates, and systems to ensure compliance with project needs and donor requirements
- Provide management oversight and technical assistance to the project and proposal budget development and oversight of grants, contracts. Work closely with project technical staff to facilitate the process.
- Provide oversight and technical assistance in the proper management of grants, subcontracts, and sub-agreements throughout the project.
- Work with the Grants Manager, Project senior management and technical staff to select grantees for award. This will include establishing selection criteria for sub-grantees and conducting pre-award assessments to determine the responsibility of prospective grantees and providing feedback to all the applicants
- Make determinations of risk profiles of prospective grantees and recommend appropriate approaches to mitigate the risks identified, including the development of special award conditions.
- Ensure sub-grantee meets selection criteria & Budget analysis and negotiations
- Complete submission of award documents for approval by Chief of Party/ USAID or DAI/W contracts administrator.
- Provide technical assistance to staff and grantees on administrative policies and procedures for grants management. Technical assistance on the following topics will be provided in conjunction with the Grants Manager
- Policies and procedures for procurement under sub-grants & Interpretation of donor regulations
- Coordinate the monthly/quarterly reporting process where each grantee submits requests for reimbursements, and reports financial status, monitoring and evaluation data and a narrative report on progress.
- Assess and manage risk for sub-awards to partner and sub recipient organizations.
- Conduct site visits to selected grantee organizations to directly observe project implementation, provide project management support, train on USAID rules and regulations
- Ensure regular audits are conducted on local partner and follow up on resolution of findings with partner’s staff.
- Organize and maintain all project documents and files related to grant process and individual grantee activities.
- Maintain and update specific project and related correspondence files, tracking and status sheets, and databases.
- Conduct investigations to resolve contractual issues/problems/disputes arising from grants and make recommendations to Grants Manager for resolution.
PREFERRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
i/ Degree in Finance. Accounting, Economics. Business Administration or related field.
ii/ Strong organizational skills, accuracy and attention to detail.
iii/ Experience with USAID donor funded project.
iv/ 3 years’ Experience on grants management
v/ Experience with GAAP and fund accounting principles, practices and regulations.
vi/ Working knowledge of grants accounting.
vii/ Proficiency with Microsoft office.
viii/ Experience working with databases.
ix/ Multi-lingual skills and/or multi-cultural experience appreciated
MODE OF APPLICATION:
DAI is an equal opportunity employer and the position is open to all. Qualified candidates should submit a CV, and cover letter explaining how the experience detailed in the CV will contribute to the requirements of the position. The applicant should also provide valid and reachable references.
The CV, cover letter, and list of references should be sent to AYA_HR@dai.com on or before August 16th, 2019. Unfortunately, due to the large volume of applications we receive, we will not be able to respond to each individual candidate. Women are strongly encouraged to apply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.