INTRODUCTION The Institute of Social Work (ISW) is a Public Higher Learning Institution accredited by National Council for Technical Education (NACTE) and established by the National Social Welfare Training Institute Act. No. 26 of 1973 (as amended by the Miscellaneous Act No. 3 of 2002). The Institute offers training in the fields of Social Work (NTA Level 4 -9), Human Resource Management (NTA Level 4 - 8 and Postgraduate), Business Administration (NTA Level 4 -8), Industrial Relations and Public Management (NTA Levels 4-8 and Postgraduate) and Community Work with Children & Youth (NTA Level 4). The Institute invites applications from qualified Tanzanian candidates to fill the following Vacant Post
POSITION (1): DEPUTY RECTOR PLANNING, FINANCE AND ADMINISTRATION The incumbent will be in-charge of all matters relating to Planning, Finance and Administration at the Institute and be able to assist the Rector in areas mentioned. .
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES Duties of Deputy Rector Planning, Finance and Administration shall include; • Heading the Directorate of Planning, Finance and Administration • Facilitating learning (by teaching) of academic programmes at the Institute • Being responsible to Rector for general administration and Personnel Management of the Institute • Advising Rector on all administrative, legal, personnel and financial matters; • Coordinating the preparation of budget of the Institute • Ensuring maintenance of safety and security at work place; • Facilitating administration of contracts, agreements, negotiation and relationship with regulatory bodies • Facilitating proper management of Institute properties, storages and use of office furniture and equipment; • Ensuring adherence to the Public Service Regulations, Public Procurement Regulations and Financial Regulations • Being responsible for formulating Accounting Policies and Procedures of the Institute, submitting budgets and audited accounts • Performing any other duties as may be assigned by higher authorities
KEY QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE: • Holder of a PhD Degree in fields of Social Work, Human Resource Management, Labour Studies, Business Administration in Finance and other related fields. • Associate Professor with three (3) peer reviewed Publications. • Eligible for registration as a professional lecturer with at least ten (10) years experience preferably in Research or Consultancy with Doctoral Degree in relevant field, five (5) Consultancy/Research reports of the academic and • professional appreciable depth. • Must have at least ten (10) years experience out of which three (3) years should be in Managerial position fications
POSITION (1): Deputy Rector Academics, Research and Consultancy The incumbent will be the in-charge of managing day to day operations of the Institute including promoting efficiency in academic activities related to Training, Research and Consultancy .
Duties and Responsibilities
Duties of Deputy Rector Academics, Research and Consultancy shall include:
• Being responsible to the Rector in respect of such matters of technical education administration and delivery,
• Facilitating learning (by teaching) of academic programmes at the institution.
• Being responsible for smooth running and development of academics in the Institute.
• Advising Rector on all matters pertaining to Academics Management, quality, control and assurance.
• Evaluating current progress of academics at the Institute and recommending future programmes.
• Recommending appropriate budgets for the Academic directorate.
• Overseeing research and consultancy activities at the Institute.
• Coordinating the development and establishment of academic programmes and management of academic resources.
• Performing any other duties as may be assigned by higher authority.
KEY QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
• Holder of a PhD Degree in fields of Social Work, Human Resource Management, Labour Studies and other related fields.
• Associate Professor with three (3) peer reviewed Publications
• Eligible for registration as a professional lecturer
• at least ten (10) years experience preferably in Research or Consultancy with Doctoral Degree in relevant field,
• five (5) Consultancy/Research reports of the academic and professional appreciable depth (d)
• Must have at least ten (10) years experience out of which three (3) years should be in managerial position.
Job application procedure
Applicants should not have been convicted of any criminal offences in any Court of Law in Tanzania or otherwise.
All application letters accompanied with updated CV, Certified copies of Birth, Academic and Professional Certificates and names of at least three (03) referees indicating their contact address and telephone numbers, should be addressed to: -
Chairperson, Search Committee-ISW,
P.O. Box 35176,
Dar es Salaam.
Letters should be sent through registered mail only before 26th August, 2019. Applicants who are Public Servants should channel their applications through their respective employers.
Rector Institute of Social Work
P.O. Box 3375
Dar es Salaam.