Sanaa WALIPO (Sanaa WAPOLI LIVING POSITIVE) with its base at Patandi Akheri in Meru DC Arusha Region. Sanaa WALIPO is a community based organisation working to cooperate with various stakeholders in educating, identification linkage to treatment and following up of TB and HIV patient. Sanaa WALIPO seeks to recruit qualified individual to fill vacancy below
MONITORING AND EVALUATION OFFICER: Fixed term contract, Location in
Patandi Tengeru Arusha
• Report directly to Sanaa WALIPO Director
• Provide field technical support on monitoring and evaluation and knowledge management;
• Collect, report and analyze information on the Sanaa WALIPO Organisation activities
• Assist the Technical team in clarifying project information needs;
• Ensure timely and complete reporting from field implemented activities in accordance with approved reporting formats;
• Identify strengths and weaknesses in existing data collection and management system and propose solutions.
• Support data compilation and preparation of all quarterly progress reports, annual project report, and ad-hoc technical reports for both USAID funding as well as PEPFAR, in line with the required formats;
• Collect data for Sanaa WALIPO’s annual M&E plan and use those data to improve Organisation performance
• Follow Adapt and implement tools and techniques to improve the quality and use of data for decision making
• Perform regular field visits to ensure the quality of data collected by project and to verify the accuracy of reported data;
• Support the compilation of Sanaa WALIPO information on lessons learned and success stories;
• Support the Organisation to ensure that donor, partners and senior management data queries are addressed in accurate and timely manner;
• Writing and dissemination of lessons learned and best practices
• Assist Sanaa WALIPO Director on decision-making on resource allocation based on Organisation priorities and performance.
• At least Bachelor’s Degree in Project Management, Administration, Information Management or other relevant academic background (essential), Master’s degree will be an added advantage.
• At least 3 years of Monitoring and Evaluation experience;
• Experience in a non-governmental or USAID funded projects (essential).
• Behavioural skills, ability to plan, implement independently or in a team
• Capacity to produce high quality briefs and detailed performance reports;
• Good level of proficiency in window excel and quantitative analysis;
• Ability to design M&E tools, surveys, surveillance system and evaluations;
• Demonstrated ability to train and build capacity of others;
• Strong interpersonal skills;
• Bilingual in English and Kiswahili (essential).
FINANCE MANAGER – Fixed term contract, Location in Patandi Tengeru
• Reports directly to Sanaa WALIPO Director
• Participate in key decisions as a member of the executive management team
• Support the development and updating of financial policies, procedures and standards, including
• Understand and mitigate key elements of the organization risk profile
• Keeping abreast of new financial and tax laws in accordance to legal requirements and the best financial practices and ensure that all staff are well informed in their use.
• Ensure that all financial transactions (including grant disbursement) and data are correctly implemented according to policies and procedures.
• Ensure that all financial documents are accurately supported, approved and coded, and that all cheque books, cheque list, petty cash, LPOs are maintained correctly
• Ensure that staff payroll administration is verified for accuracy, properly processed and that all statutory payments such as PAYE and pension are made on a timely basis.
• Manage banking, accounts and balances effectively and efficiently, including undertaking monthly bank reconciliations, foreign exchange management as and cash flow management in a timely manner.
• Oversee employee benefit plans, with particular emphasis on maximizing a cost- effective benefits package.
• Support management of donor funding and disbursements; and ensure acknowledgment of receipts and financial reporting is accurate, professional and timely.
• Contribute to annual/quarterly budget development and reporting for Sanaa WALIPO
• Ensure that Sanaa WALIPO is compliant with all legal requirements regarding taxation, returns, fees and other financial statutory requirements.
• Review financial statements and reports of partner organisations and grantees as required
• Provide financial advice/training as needed.
• Prepare monthly expenditure in relation to budget reports and inform management on a timely basis.
• Undertake periodic checks of assets and stores are done and prepare reports on the same for management.
• Prepare high quality financial reports including professional annual financial statements in a timely basis.
• Prepare for and collaborate with internal and external auditors to ensure successful audit.
• Maintain well organized physical and electronic archive of financial documentation stretching back
• Honour’s Msc or Bachelor degree in Account, Finance or related field. Holder Professional of CPA/ACPA/ACCA is an added advantage.
• Must also have at least five years working experience with Non-Governmental organizations, with skills in QuickBooks accounting software, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word and PowerPoint and fluency in spoken and written English Language.
• Strong Accounting & Finance Background with very strong reporting capabilities
• Applicant must possess excellent planning and prioritization skills, be able to work independently and pay very close attention to details.
• Strong understanding of accounting processing systems including Management Information Systems (MIS) implementation capabilities
• Good knowledge of internal control systems, financial audit processes, grant management systems and accounting procedures for Global Fund projects is essential.
HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGER – Fixed term contract, Location in Patandi
• Reports directly to Sanaa WALIPO DIRECTOR
• To manage, coordinate and implement Human Resources policies, systems, procedures and activities
• To provide the Management with professional guidance and advice on Human Resources issues
• To coordinate the implementation of Performance Management System
• To lead, organize and coordinate staff training, learning and development programs
• To oversee proper attendance to staff welfare issues
• To ensure that laid down rules, regulations and ethics; regularly updated and staff comply with them
• To coordinate monitoring of financial expenditure in respect of administrative activities as per approved budget, procedures and policies
• Management and maintenance of HR legal and Labour law compliance
• Responsible for company’s personnel accident. health, and other personnel related insurances HR database management
• Manage bonus and appraisal system and other employee benefits for all staff
• Maintenance of the Staff Handbook ensuring all company policies are maintained
• Create and manage general business administrative policies and administrative instructions as required by employees for them to understand their entitlements and company rules/ procedures including absences, IT Policy, training opportunities etc
• To ensure opening, closing and locking of offices are timely done.
• To participate in preparation and facilitation of internal and external meetings/conferences.
• Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline with 3 year of experience Customer service experience
• Excellent social / networking skills, ability to engage with government, private sector and civil society
• Excellent communication (writing and oral) skills, reporting and presentation skills.
• Monitoring and evaluation skills
• Languages: Proficient in English and Kiswahili.
ACCOUNTANT – Fixed term contract, Location in Patandi Tengeru Arusha
- Reports directly to Finance Manger
- Responsible for budgeting preparation process for the program and assist out in preparation of monthly and quarterly expenditure reports
- Preparation of fund request to Principal Recipient/Donor agency
- Ensuring that all payment requisitions are complete with all the necessary support documentation such as pro-forma invoices/bids, local purchase order, selection minutes, delivery notes, tax invoices, etc. before making payment. Also, ensuring that all payments are properly coded and cancelled by PAID stamp
- Assists in the logistics in preparation for and during workshops.
- Preparation of financial reports as at when due (monthly, quarterly, etc.)
- Prepare monthly statutory returns e.g. PAYE and Statutory contributions in a timely and accurate manner and to ensure all filing is appropriately done
- Oversees all other financial matters of the project
- Posting of daily transactions (Income & Expenditure) using QuickBooks Package.
- Accurate, timely and efficient preparation of payroll as approved ensuring compliance with internal guidance and laid down policies & procedures
- Updating of Fixed Asset Register
- Performing day to day banking activities and Report and highlight items of attentions to the management
- Ensuring office costs are identified and correctly apportioned and charged to the respective projects/donors and other costs centres
- Processing duly approved disbursements of both cash and banking adherence to policy and procedures
- Remittance of tax deduction to Federal and State Inland Revenue Boards.
- Perform any other task as assigned by Finance Manager.
- University degree in Account, Finance or related field. Holder of CPA is an added advantage
- Must also have at least three (3) year working experience with Non-Governmental organizations, with skills in QuickBooks accounting software, Microsoft Excel, MicrosoftWord and PowerPoint and fluency in spoken and written English Language.
- Applicant must possess excellent planning and prioritization skills, be able to work independently and pay very close attention to details.
- Good knowledge of internal control systems, financial audit processes, grant management systems and accounting procedures for Global Fund projects is essential.
- Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy in preparing financial and accounting information. Practical knowledge and skills in Payroll preparations.
- Knowledge and experience on accounts payable, receivable, cash, bank, and maintaining general ledger
- Ability to maintain confidentiality concerning financial and employee’s/vendors files
- Honest and trustworthy, respectful and depicting sound work ethics
TB/HIV COORDINATOR- Fixed term contract, Location in Patandi tengeru, Arusha
- Reports directly to Sanaa WALIPO Deputy Director
- Supervise directly the CBO leader
- In coordination with the Sanaa WALIPO technical team, the Coordinator is responsible for the planning, coordination, implementation and monitoring of Sanaa WALIPO program activities Sanaa WALIPO Coordinator is appointed
- Develops strategic relationships within the interventional areas network, including with community, clinics, hospitals, laboratories, pharmacies, professional associations in favour of Sanaa WALIPO
- Developing capacity of District health officers through training, networking, and involvement in Sanaa WALIPO activities
- Coordinates activities with relevant implementing partners and donors including USAID and NTLP under The Global Fund (GFATM).
- Works with the District TB and Leprosy Coordinators and other stakeholders to collect and ensure quality of data for M&E reporting
- Coordinates with Sanaa WALIPO team on establishing district networks for diagnosis, treatment, and TB case notification
- Assists in the monitoring and evaluation of Sanaa WALIPO projects
- Works with Sanaa WALIPO technical team to carry out implementation or operations research activities
- Contributes to quarterly and annual reports, including coordinating with the M&E teams to identify relevant data sources
- Adhere to financial, data and reporting compliance per USAID and Tanzania regulations
- Performs other duties as assigned
University degree (bachelor’s degree or equivalent) in Medicine, Pharmacy, Laboratory/biological Sciences, Public Health, Anthropology, or a similar field. Three years’ experience in health program implementation or management, including working with government and/or private sector stakeholders
Fixed term contract, Location in Patandi Tengeru, Arusha
- Report directly to the Sanaa WALIPO Director
- Supervise directly the administrative and logistics to ensure overall implementation of Sanaa WALIPO in line with USAID rules and regulations.
- Oversee the management of grants across the Sanaa WALIPO portfolio, including general administration, information management, and budget monitoring compliance for USAID agencies and private funding sources.Ensure compliances with Sanaa WALIPO and funder procedures and policies.
- Work with Director in the development of annual work plans, budgets, monitoring and evaluation and reporting.
- Collaborate with government advisor, develop and lead review meetings with the ministry of health and local government authorities
- Develop and oversee implementation of mixed methods program evaluations including development of tools, oversight of data collection and analysis
- Coordinate and work closely with NTLP, Meru Infectious Disease Hospital, Regional and District Administrations
- Ensure timely Data collection, analysis and submission of key reports including monthly, quarterly annual reports for submission to key partners and supporters.
- Support field sites in the fulfilment of their duties according to program design
- Ensure regular document forum/meeting for all key staff and partners to plan, discuss and review the progress of Sanaa WALIPO
- A master’s degree in health related field with qualification in public health
- Significant experience in program sustainability and capacity building, project monitoring and evaluation
- Experience in project start up required
- Experience with USAID-funded projects required
- Experience working with Global fund project is required
- Provern capacity in leadership
- Excellent verbal and written in both English and Swahili
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit your application to the firstname.lastname@example.org. Only electronic application is considered. In the subject line of your email, please state clearly which position you apply for. The application should consist of a brief motivation letter and complete CV with full contact details of three referees. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Application deadline is 15th August 2019. Address to Sanaa WALIPO Director, Box 67, Duluti, Arusha