NMB Bank, NMB Bank jobs, Nafasi za kazi NMB, NMB Tanzania, Jobs at NMB Bank, Ajira mpya NMB Bank
Position: Senior Software Developer
- To lead a team of software developers in studying bank operations; design, build, test and install software solutions or modify/upgrade existing applications; support and develop software team to meet key business goals.
- Develop new products quickly or modify existing ones with flexibility, hence improve time to market, and internal processes
- Actively participate in systems/projects scoping, design, and pricing exercises as part of the development and business teams’ processes; Work with Senior Manager Applications Development to ensure resource utilization targets are met.
- Study information needs, system flows, data usage, work processes, and investigating problem areas.
- Determine operational feasibility by evaluating impact analysis, problem definition, user requirements, proposed solutions and efforts required.
- Document and demonstrate solutions, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear pseudo codes.
- Develop and conduct testing plans and procedures based upon system requirements
- Manage and/or provide guidance to junior members of the team
- Identify systems deficiencies and implement effective solutions
- Communicating and enforcing coding standards; and recommending changes in policies, processes and procedures.
- Develop and/or modify products with flexibility
- Researching, evaluating, and recommending systems/equipment/technologies
- Support and develop software engineers by providing advice, coaching and educational opportunities
- Updating job knowledge by studying state-of-the-art development tools, programming techniques, and computing equipment; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
Knowledge on the trending banking softwares and technologies in the market
- Excellent written and oral communication
- Problem solving and follow through; Pragmatic and thorough
- Familiarity with Agile development methodologies.
- Experience with varieties of databases and object-relational Mapping (ORM) frameworks.
- Must be a self-starter and have the ability to work independently with little supervision.
Qualifications and Experience
- BSc. In Computer Science, Engineering or related field with informatics as core
- Agile/Scrum and/or Oracle/Microsoft SQL certifications is an added advantage.
- Proved experience with coding languages Java and PHP is a must; Python is an added advantage
- Experience with a variety of MVC frameworks/systems preferably Spring, Laravel, Django; Angular is an added advantage.
- More than 5 years’ experience in a software development industry.
- Experience with integrations with Bank products/systems is an added advantage
NMB Bank Plc is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Please be advised that if you are not contacted within 14 working days of the advert closing date, then you have not been shortlisted.
“NMB Bank Plc does not charge any fee in connection with the
application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation
for the payment of a fee, please disregard it.”