Vacancy title: Volunteer Coordinator and House Manager
Deadline of this Job:
31st August, 2019
Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa
help2kids is looking for a motivated candidate for the role of Volunteer Coordinator and House Manager. Gain great experience working with a small NGO in Tanzania!
help2kids is a young, dynamic organization located in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania’s largest city, which is situated on the Indian Ocean and in Lifuwu, a small village on Lake Malawi in Malawi. We help orphans by providing food, shelter, and lots of love at our children’s home. We help the community by providing support to local primary and nursery schools. We promote sustainable development and socially responsible tourism by feeding the profits from our guest houses back into our projects. management, project management and various administrative tasks. In this role you would be responsible for all aspects of our volunteer program, including the application process, orientation, scheduling, and team-building events. This is a great position for someone who is passionate about children and volunteerism, and who is interested in gaining experience in the field.
You will also Manage our Volunteer House, the Friendly Gecko, located outside of down-town Dar es Salaam, in Kunduchi. It is very close to Bahari Zoo and Ununio Beach. It’s a beautiful guest house just 5 minutes from the Indian Ocean with two dormitories and two private rooms. The guest house can accommodate up to 12 guests who are usually volunteers of the charity but sometimes also general guests.
Latest start date is to arrive in Dar es Salaam by September 9th 2019. Benefits include a modern private room with private bathroom, air conditioning, a working computer and phone, as well as internet access.
help2kids requires the Manager to live at the guest house and be present to help guests and volunteers to navigate Dar es Salaam. We also employ housekeepers, a chef, and guards. .
Duties and Responsibilities
• Management of the Volunteer House Friendly Gecko (12 beds)
• Handling and support of office administration for the Volunteer House
• Handling of all volunteer and guest relations, handling of volunteer application process, contact person for all volunteer related issues
• Coordination of volunteer placements, scheduling, organizing weekly volunteer team meetings, regular meetings with project managers to discuss volunteer placements
• Volunteer Recruitment
• Taking responsibility for the marketing of the guesthouse and volunteer programme whilst working with the Field Manager and Marketing Team to keep the website and all social media channels actively engaging guests and volunteers.
• Doing fortnightly posts relating to volunteer activity
• Managing staff and food and beverages for the Volunteer House including setting the weekly shopping list & budget, checking in food and receipts and occasional shopping for emergency items.
• Dealing with local and public authorities
• Weekly reporting to the Head Office in Switzerland with updated accounting
• Monthly Salary
• Free housing at the guest house in a private room with private bathroom and air-conditioning
• Full board at the guest house
• Free laundry and room cleaning
• Free internet access
• Laptop / Computer
• 5 weeks of holiday
• Shared Car (on availability)
• After second year monthly flight compensation
What we expect
• Experience in working in East Africa (also former volunteer experience would be sufficient)
• Fluent/Excellent in English (other languages, particularly German, would be a benefit)
• Driver’s license (must have)
• Commitment for 12 months
• Outgoing personality, flexibility and creativity, open-minded
• Passion for working in an international environment with a lot of different people and cultures
• Independent, reliable and with a good eye for detail
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Job application procedure
Have a look at www.friendlygecko.com and www.help2kids.org for more information about us and the work environment.
We are looking forward to your application documents (motivational letter and CV) or questions to firstname.lastname@example.org before 31st August, 2019. Please include your available start date in your motivational letter.
Email inquiries only. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted and any person making direct contact for any reason will automatically be disqualified from applying.