ESAFF The Origin of ESAFF The Eastern and Southern Africa small-scale Farmers Forum (ESAFF) is a network of grassroots small scale farmers’ organizations working in 15 countries of Eastern and Southern Africa (ESA) region. The movement which started in 2002 during the World Summit on Sustainable Development (WSSD) in Johannesburg – South Africa is a small scale farmer initiated, farmer led and farmer owned.
ESAFF, a fully operational since April 2009, is registered in Tanzania under Non-Governmental Organizations Act 2002 of the United Republic of Tanzania since 27 August 2007 with registration number 00NGO/1097. The secretariat of ESAFF is in Morogoro – Tanzania and is led by the Coordinator who reports to the Regional Board.
Title: Fundraising and Advocacy Officer Duty station: Morogoro, Tanzania Main Attributes
- Passionate about public social accountability and smallholder farmers right
- Knowledgeable about African agriculture development agenda (CAADP) and NAIPs in eastern and southern Africa
- Possessing skills and 3 years’ experience in fundraising activities
- More than 3 years of experience in project management
- Enough experience in advocacy, networking and campaigning
- Excellent writing skills and ICT
- Fluent in English, Kiswahili and French
- Able to work with non-governmental organization in Morogoro
- Agriculture policy analysis at regional (EAC, SADC) and national level.
- Operationalize and constantly update the ESAFF Regional Secretariat advocacy strategy.
- Provide technical support to the ESAFF network in the area of advocacy campaign and lobby including relevant curriculum design
- Mobilizing resources and fundraising for the farmers right course.
- Utilization of media (press releases and programs, social media and other means) to advance the interests of small scale farmers in the region
- Sift, package and distribute relevant advocacy information to the various channels and
- Build strategic alliances and ensure ESAFF’s visibility and presence as a champion of relevant regional and global advocacy causes.
- Provide training and representation of ESAFF to various forums.
Job Title: Accountant
Duty station: Morogoro, Tanzania
- Passionate about social justice and smallholder farmers
- Possessing a professional qualification such as CPA
- More than two years of experience in accounts
- At least 2 years’ experience in preparation of final accounts and audit?
- Familiar with financial account package – sage pastel
- Fluent in English, Kiswahili and French?
- Able to write a fundable proposal?
- Able to work with non-governmental organization in Morogoro?
- To ensure adherence to the Financial Policy and Manual of the organization
- Supervise and coordinate the provision of all administrative, personnel and financial support require to the project
- Ensuring that appropriate control reporting structure are maintained in accordance with ESAFF Rules and Regulations.
- Manage organization accounting and financial system by ensuring that appropriate control and reporting structures are maintained in accordance with ESAFF financial rules and regulations, and co-ordinate use of filed financial resources.
- Coordinate and act as focal point for issues relating to finance (including the budget; process of invoices and receipt of funds, staff salary, PAYE and other taxes, all other staff entitlements )
- Oversee in procurement processes and ensure timely payments for all services and goods delivered
- Account for funds from ESAFF members in Eastern and Southern Africa
- Prepare periodic financial forecast and financial reports (monthly/ quarterly and Annual) using sage pastel
- Prepare Trial Balance, final accounts.
- Prepare payrolls, overseeing books of accounts in SAGE PASTELL system and manage auditing.
- Ensure financial internal control
- To assist in preparation of meetings such as staff, board, exco meetings and annual general meetings.
- To coordinate preparation of the operation budget, monitoring of the approved budget and control the expenditure thereof.
- Support nation chapter to improve financial management, and timely reporting.
- Arrange for fund transfers and replenishments to National Forums
- Support ESAFF region coordinator in FUNDRAISE activities.
- To plan and initiate matters issues regard to fundraising for ESAFF and its members
Mode of application
Write us your motivational letter with detailed CV to email@example.com copy firstname.lastname@example.org not later that 08th August, 2019 at 16:30 hrs.
Please indicate the title of the Job you are applying for on the subject line
Note: If you are not contacted two weeks after the closing date, kindly consider your application as unsuccessful.