Tanzania Agricultural Development Bank Limited (TADB) is a Government Institution established under the Companies Act, 2002 and licensed under the provisions of the Banking and Financial Institutions Act No 5 of 2006 and the Banking and Financial Institutions (Development Finance) Regulations, 2012. The bank has the following key objectives: • To catalyze credit delivery to the agricultural sector and thereby accelerate agricultural growth; • To lead, as an apex agricultural financing bank, in capacity building strategies and programmes to strengthen the agriculture financial value chain;
• To be an important player in the implementation of the Government’s development vision, policies and programmes, including but not limited to the Tanzania Development Vision 2015, Agricultural Sector Development Programme, Kilimo Kwanza Initiative, Second-Generation Financial Sector Reforms as well as in the furtherance of the National Strategy for Growth and Reduction of Poverty for Mainland Tanzania (MKUKUTA), and Zanzibar Strategy for Growth and Reduction of Poverty (MKUZA);
• To build on existing agro-financing activities through provision of short, medium and long-term facilities to the following: smallholder farmers’ groups, savings and credit cooperative societies (SACCOS), community banks, commercial banks and microfinance institutions (MFIs) that are active in lending to the agricultural sector;
• To coordinate and monitor agriculture and rural lending activities with a view to maximizing the impact of agricultural growth by working closely with the Ministries and institutions responsible for Agriculture, Regional Administration as well as the numerous players active in this sector; • To assist the Government in implementing its policies on enhancing financial inclusion and economic empowerment in the rural
The TADB is hereby inviting applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the following vacancies below:
Position: HEAD OF RISK AND COMPLIANCE – 1 Vacancy, DSM (Re-advertised)Nature and Scope:
The successful candidate will report to the Managing Director. He/She is responsible for facilitating the development and implementation of sound risk management practices and technologies for the bank and in collaboration with business units and other specialists, partnering with them in identifying best practices and gaps controls. He/She carries out risk assessment of new processes and procedures as well as of products and services, and provides policy recommendations based on findings. He/She coordinates the bank’s compliance function in liaison with the Legal Services Division and other business units. .
• To develop a sound long term strategic direction and implementation plan for the bank’s risk policies.
• To manage and review the adequacy of risk analysis processes, risk ratings and stress testing as part of Credit and Investment Risk processes.
• To provide mechanisms for the bank’s compliance with risk capital allocation subject to regulatory
• To ensure that the bank is in compliance with all the applicable internal policies and procedures as well as external legal and regulatory requirements.
• To prepare, review risk management reports and ensure limit excesses, exceptions and non-compliances are promptly
• To review credit reports prepared by the Credit Risk Officer and make appropriate recommendations where a product is leading to higher losses and prepare early warning reports.
• To coach, mentor and develop junior risk specialists and ensure consistent application and interpretation of risk policies by all the bank’s staff.
• To review adequacy and appropriateness of the information used in the evaluation of the customer credit applications done by the relevant Credit Officer.
• To ensure continuous improvement of the Management Information System and reports (related specifically to Credit risk but also to other risks) to ensure they remain relevant, reflect credit/other risk appetite and are useful to provide the management with information for use in decision making.
• To monitor, report and provide recommendations on the bank’s credit and business governance standards.
• To develop and revise risk requirements documentation for various aspects of strategic
• To review and approve products/services programmes and ensure all risk requirements are met before rollout of the products or services.
• To identify and investigate the root causes of errors/frauds and provide recommendations on solutions and follow-ups.
• To carry out any other duties assigned by the Managing Director from time to Time
Qualifications, Knowledge and Experience:
• Master’s Degree/Postgraduate qualifications in Business Administration, Economics, Finance, Accounts, Insurance, Banking or related discipline;
• Minimum of 8 years ‘experience of which 4 must be at a senior position in a Risk and Compliance department;
• Risk management certifications.
• Leadership, motivation and people management
• Team player with strong interpersonal skills.
• Strong analytical and report writing skills.
• Computer skills.
Position: LEARNING AND DEVELOPMENT MANAGER-1 Vacancy, DSM (Re-advertised)
Nature and Scope:
The successful candidate will report to the Head of Human Resources and Management He/She will be responsible for establishment of learning strategies and performance programmes. .
• Responsible for establishment of the training and performance programmes
• Developing and implementing learning strategies and programs
• Evaluate individual and organizational development needs
• Help managers develop their team members through career patching
• Ensure through training and development the bank’s human resources have the appropriate job related skills and knowledge needed for desired productivity;
• Ensure all employee performance programs have appropriate learning & development activities attached;
• Create records of employees’ training activities and report on outcomes;
• Design, develop and oversee a staff performance appraisal system for the Bank;
• Carry out any other duties assigned by Supervisor or Managing Director from time to time.
Qualifications, Knowledge and Experience:
• Master’s Degree/Postgraduate qualifications in Human Resources, Public Administration, Business Administration or related discipline;
• Minimum of 5 years relevant experience, of which 2 must be in a senior level in reputable company or financial institution;
• Excellent and well developed interpersonal and organizational skills;
• Leadership, motivation and people management skills;
• Strong written and communication skills with ability to write reports in a concise and focused style;
• Must be a team player, very self-motivated and able to manage and priorities work load with minimum supervision;
• Highly developed Computer skills;
Qualified candidates should apply in writing to or lodge their applications at the address shown below, enclosing:
• Application letter showing how they meet the requirements of the position;
• An up-to-date Curriculum Vitae;
• Contacts stating name in full, physical address, telephone numbers and e-mail addresses of the candidate;
• Certified copies of relevant certificates
• Names and full contacts of three (3) referees.
Closing date: Applications should reach the undersigned not later than 4.00 pm on Friday, 16th August 2019.
Tanzania Agricultural Development Bank,
4rd Floor Acacia Estates Building, Plot 84 Kinondoni Road,
14109 DARES SALAAM.
For further information, please visit the Bank’s website: www.tadb.co.tz