Vacancy title: Supply Chain ManagerJobs at: Yara International Deadline of this Job: 20th August 2019 Duty Station: Within Tanzania , Dar es Salaam , East Africa Job Function: Sales & Marketing Job Type: Permanent Job Requisition ID: 1696
About the Unit Yara’s knowledge, products and solutions grow farmers’, distributors’ and industrial customers’ business profitably and responsibly, while protecting the earth’s resources, food and environment. Our fertilizers, crop nutrition programs and technologies increase yields, improve product quality and reduce the environmental impact of agricultural practices. We foster a culture that promotes the safety of our employees, contractors and societies .
Responsibilities • Implements the logistics supply chain strategy of Yara. • Manage all activities related to strategic tactical import requirements including updating the site import and product plans using local requirements and product availability data as well as communicating the plan to relevant parties
• Understands local market and product demand to determine product supply planning in conjunction with commercial team and provide import plan changes to Supply chain & Business Unit Africa. • Planning, implementing and controlling of cost efficient and effective product movement and handling, from the port to the customer and distributor and ensure maximum returns. • Build and maintain long term valuable relationships with suppliers that offer quality, value, willingness to collaborate and flexibility to meet changing supply chain requirements. Manage efficient receipt of products and services by the effective management of suppliers and contracts.
• Coordinate transport/ trucks for delivery of products to customers and Yara warehouses within and outside the country.
• Initiate the import process promptly and communicate to the suppliers efficiently with constant follow up to ensure documents are received on time for timely delivery.
• Responsible for ensuring that all vessels discharge stakeholders adhere to the agreed guidelines for the responsibilities entrusted to them in the contracts for efficient product delivery.
• Review monthly planning file with inputs from Commercial, Finance & Inventory departments and report to Commercial, Supply chain & local Finance department
• Lead and develop the Supply Chain Team and assigned external consultants
• A minimum of 10 years supply chain practical experience
• 5 years experience in a management role.
• Work experience from a multinational company
Job application procedure
Human Resources Manager, East Africa
Apply no later than 20th August 2019.
APPLY ONLINE HERE!