Position: Risk OfficerJob Summary
This role is responsible for designing, implementing, assessing, monitoring and integration of the Risk Management process into the day-to-day business at Reliance Insurance.
- Minimum Qualification: Bachelor
- Experience Level: Mid level
- Experience Length: 4 years
Established in the
year 1998, Reliance Insurance Company (T) Ltd is one of the leading
non-life insurers in Tanzania having pan regional presence in Dar es
Salaam, Arusha, Mwanza and Mbeya. The company offers full array of
non-life insurance products like Fire, Engineering, Motor, Work-men
compensation, Liability, Marine Hulland Aviation Etc. Reliance had been
making a steady progress and has established itself as a reliable player
with high reputation for prompt, efficient and effective customer
service backed by a strong financial base in the Tanzania Insurance
1. Risk Officer This role is responsible for designing, implementing, assessing, monitoring and integration of the Risk Management process into the day-to-day business at Reliance Insurance. Ensuring compliance by all staff to the laid down code of conduct or take other appropriate means to commit the company to comply with all applicable laws, regulations, supervisory decisions and internal policies, and conduct its business ethically and responsibly. 2. Primary Responsibilities:
- Formulating risk strategy, implementing and integrating across various departments
- Developing plans, standards, procedures and guidelines to support the implementation of Risk policies and frameworks
- Identifying and maintaining an aggregated view of the risk profile of the company as a legal entity by developing and updating the risk registers.
- Assessing the company’s capacity to absorb risk with respect to nature, probability, duration, correlation and potential severity including monitoring and conducting regular stress testing, scenario analyses and other specialist analyses of risks.
- Communicating the risk management policies to all employees as well as organizing and conducting risk management trainings, awareness initiatives to ensure risk and compliance culture
- Report to Management, Key Persons in control functions and the Board on the company’s risk profile, significant compliance issues and details on the risk exposures facing the company and related mitigation actions as appropriate;
3. QualificationAcademic Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Risk Management, Actuarial Science, Insurance or an equivalent
- CPA or Risk Management qualification or CISA
- At least 4 years in a risk management environment in the financial industry, preferably insurance.
How to Apply?
Please manually apply for this job using the details below:
How to apply
Applicants are requested to submit their resumes giving the details of three referees along with copies of certificates. The deadline for receipt of all applications is 5:00 Pm on Friday 10th September 2019. Application can be hand delivered with the envelops clearly marking the position applied for at the address given below and or/or sent by email
The Chief Executive Officer
Reliance Insurance Company (T) Limited,
3rd & 4th Floor, Reliance House, Plot no 356, United Nations Road Upanga
P. O. Box 9826,
Dar es Salaam – Tanzania.
Tel: 2120088 – 90 / Fax: 2112903