Position: Independent Non-Executive Director
The Board of National Investments Plc invites applications from suitably qualified candidates to serve as Board Member in the capacity of INDEPENDENT NON-EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Determine NICOL’s visions, mission, objectives and values and evaluate its strategy to ensure NICOL survives and thrives as an on-going concern..
- Develop, promote and monitor the implementation of NICOL strategic objectives, plans and structures.
- Ensure compliance with good corporate governance practices.
- Participate in the appointment of NICOL Executives, reviewing and evaluating their performance and giving administrative guidance.
- Keep abreast of NICOL matters, regularly attend Board and other meetings and actively participate effectively and with commitment in annual evaluation and planning activities as well as Board assignments.
- Assess the performance of the Board as a whole and that of individual Directors and Board Chairman.
- Build a collegial working relationship with other members of the Board.
- Bea graduate of a recognized university, preferably finance/investment bias.
- Possess personal qualities to make substantial contribution to Board deliberations.
- Have relevant experience in good corporate governance practices
- Have at least 5 years experience in a Board of a major company.
- Have high moral and ethical character unblemished by any criminal record or history of bankruptcy.
Job application procedure
All applications should be marked “INDEPENDENT NON-EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR” on top of an envelope and submitted to NICOL by post or courier (EMS, CUM, DHL; etc.) to the following address:
Chief Executive Officer
National Investments Plc.
11 Serengeti Road Mikocheni “B”
P.O. Box 7465 Dar es Salaam.