Position: Finance, Administration & Logistics Specialist
Natural Extracts Industries Ltd (NEI), a start-up social enterprise, is pioneering the sustainable flavor production industry in Uganda and Tanzania, starting with vanilla and other flavor extracts. The company works in all areas from cultivation, to post-harvest processing, to value-add manufacturing and international sales and marketing. The supply chain currently integrates over 5,000 farmers from Kilimanjaro, Arusha, Morogoro and Kagera regions, and through this sourcing model NEI aims to deliver a long-term socioeconomic impact of 50% incremental annual income per smallholder household. Current products include natural flavors, such as:
(i) liquid extracts from vanilla, orange, cacao and coffee; and (ii) solid flavors like vanilla pods, cocoa powder and nibs. The company has established a subsidiary, NEI Uganda Ltd, located in Kampala.
Project Scope The core components deliverables are:
- Overall responsibility and accountability of conducting financial accounting and reporting for the company, per International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS), which will be done by recording all the company transactions on an ERP system (KPI.com) and keeping orderly and organised physical (hardcopy) and electronic (scanned or softcopy) files of all relevant records;
- Overall responsibility and accountability for financial controls and management, ensuring:
- Make journal entries correctly, accurately, and on a timely basis, onto the company accounting ledger, following IAS/IFRS standards and Ugandan laws;
- Controlling of inventory and stocks, including raw materials and general inventory orders, record keeping and warehousing; and conducting monthly inventory physical audits, explaining differences and accounting for these in the ERP system;
- Reconciling bank statements every month and receiving written approval from Company signatories;
- Maintaining the fixed asset register;
- Managing relationships with banks and the Uganda Revenue Authority (URA), including all tax and related statutory payments and reports;
- Managing financial assets and Company investments;
- Managing payroll and consultant payments, and other regular payments including URA (PAYE, WHT, VAT) and other regulatory bodies like NSSF, UNBS, NDA, OSHA, NEMA, District Councils, etc.;
- Preparing monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements/reports (including those for the Board of Directors in Tanzania);
- Coordinating with the auditor to prepare annual statements and submitting the same to URA;
- Reconciling invoices on a monthly basis, managing aged receivables, and other finance-related needs as may arise;
- Ensuring value-for-money and cost-effectiveness, across all aspects of the company including production and procurement, and which may include internal audits;
- Ensuring NEI Uganda Ltd is 100% compliant with financial, labour, export, tax and other regulatory requirements and general risk management (excluding topics on health, safety, environment and manufacturing):
- Making all regulatory payments on time with accurate supporting evidence, and keeping orderly records of the same;
- Under the instruction of the MD, manage all logistics of NEI Uganda as the need be. This includes but is not limited to competitive procurement process, travel & hotel arrangements, transportation of people and products, meetings and training arrangements and attending to visitors.
- Staying abreast of updates on government policies and legislation, particularly monitoring publications on Uganda’s Official Gazette and publications from prominent auditors;
- Assisting in the preparation of general paper work for submission to government entities, parastatal organisations, investors, donors and other parties, as may be needed by NEI;
- Ensuring all assets are insured against appropriate risk;
- Follow, without exception, all work instructions, health/safety rules and quality control measures as per the Company’s Quality Management System, including all Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs);
- Furthering the company mission: to become a leading African manufacturer of premium natural flavour products for the home baking and commercial kitchen markets, while providing sustainable, increased income for smallholder farmers;
- Adhering to and instituting the company values of Professionalism, Ambition and Teamwork; Any other duties as may be required from time to time by the management team or the Directors.
Geography of Work
Consultant’s geography of work will focus on the Company’s registered
office in Plot 3 Kasiyirize Road, Sonde, Mukono, Kampala, Uganda, and
may also involve travel to sourcing districts and other logistics areas.
Nature of Employment
Part Time employment under Fixed Term Contract
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Accounting (this is a requirement and no candidates will be considered without this), with:
- Deep knowledge of International Financial Accounting Standards (IFRS) and accounting within a manufacturing context (e.g., allocations for bill of materials, cost of goods sold, input/output VAT, etc.)
- Membership to the National Board of Accountants and Auditors (NBAA) with CPA/ACPA certification;
- At least 5 years of experience as an Accountant, Auditor or Financial Controller, preferably within manufacturing and agribusiness companies;
- Experience managing foreign investors and/or donor grant management a strong plus;
- Ability to negotiate with contractors, follow correct procurement procedures and to quantitatively analyse pricing;
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both oral and written
- Highly skilled (to an advanced level) in computer productivity packages such as Microsoft Office, Google Apps and ERP systems;
- Ability to work independently, with limited supervision; A passion for social impact.
HOW TO APPLY
If you are interested, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org cc email@example.com by 02nd October, 2019.
Tanzania Water Resources Integration Development Initiative (WARIDI), 2019
Tetra Tech ARD, Inc. a US – based international development firm is implementing the USAID Tanzania Water Resources Integration Development Initiatives (WARIDI) which seeks to achieve improvements in health, water resources management, agriculture, climate change adaption and the environment in Tanzania, Tetra Tech is advertising for the position of Water Supply Quality Assurance/Quality Control Advisor to be based in Morogoro for the duration of one (1) year. All applicants should be Tanzanian citizens and be fluent in Swahili and English. The position is immediately available. Candidates must be able to work in a multi – cultural, multi – ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity and gender. Women are encouraged to apply.
Position: WATER SUPPLY QA/QC ADVISOR, WARIDI Morogoro, Tanzania
Position Summary: Tetra Tech ARD is the prime implementing partner for the USAID/Tanzania Water Resources Integration Development Initiative (WARIDI) with major subcontractor Winrock International. The Water Supply QA/QC Advisor will help monitor field-level activities that are focused on water supply construction. S/He will report to the Chief of Party and closely coordinate and support activities with the engineering team, providing analyses and reviews of construction activities at key points in the construction management schedule. S/he will play a critical role in tracking and advising Tetra Tech ARD and Winrock management on construction activities to ensure successful and timely implementation. Main Responsibilities and Tasks: The Advisor will report to the COP and liaise directly with the DCOP, Water Services Technical Lead and WASH Technical Advisor or their designees as directed. S/he will have the following principle responsibilities:
- Provide targeted technical civil engineering support as needed to water supply projects, sharing openly with COP, DCOP, Water Services Technical Lead and WASH Technical Advisor insights and recommendations to ensure success,
- Review and monitor construction activities related to in-process water supply projects in close coordination with Winrock International.
- Support identification and monitoring construction management and quality issues and provide thoughtful, detailed and actionable recommendations for timely resolution to construction management challenges,
- Cross-check field construction activities in relationship to surveys and construction designs as appropriate.
- Monitor and support engineers on environmental issues to ensure WARIDI is in compliance with the WARIDI Environmental Monitoring and Mitigation Plan (EMMP) and is following best practices on environmental health and safety,
- Visit construction sites on a regular basis and provide useful reports on compliance to quality standards for field work.
- Review plans and specifications for water projects for compliance with quality standards and prepare recommendations to support continuous improvement in quality assurance and quality control areas,
- Strategically and effectively support reviews of progress for water supply projects throughout implementation.
- Provide solution-oriented recommendations to address identified construction issues,
- Prepare and provide quality and timely technical reports each week on observations, recommendations, and conclusions as appropriate.
- Identify opportunities for improvements in activities related to monitoring, evaluating and reporting of project progress in coordination with WARIDI’s monitoring, evaluation and learning (MEL) team.
- Facilitate the inspection, verification and confirmation for work in progress and for completed projects by partners as directed in close coordination with Winrock International.
- Build and maintain a continuous interactive exchange of information with the COP, DCOP, Water Services Technical Lead, WASH Technical Advisor and other team members,
- Where necessary represent WARIDI at water related technical meetings as directed by the COP
EDUCATION: Relevant graduate degree in Civil engineering, construction management, hydrology or related field,
WORK EXPERIENCE: Minimum of 10 years’ experience working in the construction management sector as it relates to rural water supply in Tanzania. Experience managing donor-funded projects in Tanzania and/or East Africa. Experience in building and effectively supervising a diverse team of employees. Experience building capacity of local organizations. Exceptional and demonstrated management, organizational, conceptual, strategic and analytical skills in construction management.
SKILLS: Excellent knowledge of various water supply assessments, designs and systems in Tanzania. Demonstrated ability to maintain a high degree of social awareness on sensitive issues in the field. Familiarity with Tanzania and USAID environmental laws and regulations. Ability to multi-task effectively and prioritize with competing deadlines and priorities. Strong organizational skills with ability to analyze and understand complex construction projects at both high- and detailed-levels. Experience partnering with a variety of individuals and organizations, including Tanzanian and US government officials, local communities, local NGOs, consultants, international agencies and donor organizations. Demonstrated effective interpersonal skills, creative problem solving and ethical management.
LANGUAGES: Strong command of the English and Kiswahili Languages (written & oral)
GENERAL: Be a team member, Be trustworthy, be reliable, Be self-motivated. Having the ability to be multi-tasked and efficiently respond to the needs of the project support and technical staff.
MODE OF APPLICATION:
Interested and qualified candidates should email their current curriculum vitae (CV) and 3 references to: firstname.lastname@example.org Subject of the email should include “WARIDI Water Supply QA/QC Advisor”. Short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview. Selected candidates will be hired as soon as they are available. Compensation will be commensurate with relevant experience,
This position is open to Tanzania candidates only. Tetra Tech ARD is committed to diversity and gender equality in all encourage applications from women and under represented groups. Tetra be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
Deadline for submission of applications: 11th October 2019 at 16:00hrs ******************* Position: Managing Director Shiftcargo Limited is a Tanzanian registered limited company established in 1998, deals with clearing and forwarding business, this encompasses sea and air freight, road Transportation and cargo movement. The company is an Agent of Tanzania Revenue Authority, Registered and licensed as customs and freight forwarding agent, handling both imports and exports to and from Tanzania including transit cargo to neighboring. Shiftcargo Limited is hereby looking for a qualified and experienced Tanzanian to take up the position of Managing Director with ability to steer the company through transformation from a local brand to international markets.
General position summary: – Managing Director is responsible for the company, which is generally dictated by the board’s overall strategy. S/he control and oversees all business operations, people and ventures, set policies, create and maintain budgets, controlling finance and steer the company to the most profitable direction while also implementing its vision, mission and long term goals. Managing Director is to ensure SHIFTCARGO is constantly moving towards fulfilling its short-term and long-term objectives and does not diverge from its strategic guidelines Detailed responsibilities:-
- Develop and execute the company’s business strategies in order to attain the goals of the company.
- Implement comprehensive business strategic plans to facilitate achievement by planning cost-effective operations and market development activities
- Provide strategic advice to the board and Chairperson so that they will have accurate view of the market and the company’s future.
- Ensure company policies are communicated and followed at all times.
- Communicate and maintain trust relationships with stakeholder.
- Responsible for all company compliances in accordance with Tanzania Laws.
- Oversee the company’s financial performance, investments and other business ventures.
- Delegate responsibilities and supervise the work of executives providing guidance and motivation to drive maximum performance.
- Read all submitted reports by lower rank managers to reward performance, prevent issues and resolve problems.
- Act as the public speaker and public relations representative of the company in ways that strengthen its profile.
- Analyze problematic situations and occurrences and provide solutions to ensure company survival and growth.
- Bachelor/diploma in clearing and forwarding or a related field
- Proven experience with a minimum of seven (7) years in C & F industry as MD or other managerial position
- International exposure, commercial awareness and entrepreneurial spirit
- Demonstrate experience in developing strategic and business plans
- Through knowledge of market change and forces that influence the company
- Strong understanding of corporate finance and measure of performance
- Familiarity with Tanzania law regarding shipments and TRA
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills and managerial best practice
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills
- Outstanding analytical and problem solving abilities
MODE OF APPLICATION:
Applicants should apply on the strength of the information given in this advertisement and should channel their applications attached with the CV and academic certificates to Human Resource Manager Email address email@example.com.
Interested applicants should submit their applications before 30th October 2019 at 17:00hrs. **************** Position: Consulting – Enterprise Solutions -Senior Consultant Haile Selassie Rd, Dar es Salaam, Tanzania Full-time Company Description About Deloitte Deloitte is a leading provider of world-class professional services dedicated to providing value added solutions to our clients. We take pride in our reputation for providing a globally consistent quality service, an integrated approach and world-class expertise. Deloitte is renowned for its innovative and collaborative culture, where talented people work closely with like-minded individuals to achieve collective success. Deloitte East Africa provides seamless cross-border services to multinationals, large national enterprises, small and medium sized enterprises and the public sector, across four (4) countries of the region: Tanzania, Uganda, Kenya and Rwanda. Deloitte Tanzania has an exciting opportunity for a qualified individual to join our Enterprise Solutions department as a Senior Consultant to support technology advisory services in our Dar es Salaam Office. A career with Deloitte offers you the opportunity to engage with and work alongside leading corporations within the East African region, and an opportunity to start and grow your career within a dynamic and rewarding environment. You will get the support, coaching and training needed to advance your career in Tanzania and within the East Africa market.
About the Department The Enterprise Solutions provides a variety of Enterprise Applications and Technology Integration solutions to assist clients in achieving business value through Information Technology (IT). This is achieved by providing a spectrum of services ranging from advisory right through to implementation. We help clients gather, analyze, access, and use information from across the enterprise to create value in all aspects of their business – from the back office to the front desk, from Customer Relationship Management (CRM) to Supply Chain to Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP).
What impact will you make? At Deloitte we have a clear purpose, to make an impact that matters to our clients, our colleagues and our communities. From professional development to leadership opportunities and career advancement, we empower our people to be their very best – because that’s how you make an impact. Job Description
What you will do/Specialized Competencies:
- Ensures that client issues are identified and addressed appropriately in accordance with Deloitte policies while leveraging on firm resources;
- Anticipates client needs and keeps in touch with senior client management to address them without compromising the interests and integrity of Deloitte;
- Provides business thought leadership in technology services;
- Develops new and innovative approaches to analyzing raw data to help draw meaningful conclusions.;
- Takes a lead role in coaching and providing performance feedback to the team and inspires others to do the same;
- Fosters an environment of continuous learning and development;
- Develops the technology advisory business by leveraging own network to build and strengthen the network of others with the aim of winning new business;
- Coaches others on how to communicate the business case for change and respond to challenges;
- Makes budget, scope and staffing decisions to ensure quality, maximize profitability and sell the work;
- Oversees work plan and resources to deliver projects within established budget and timeline;
- Leverages team to maintain own focus on the client relationship, critical issues and key decisions;
- Promote practice economics by ensuring billing and collections are done expeditiously;
- Keep abreast of technology trends and how they affect business;
- Use judgment to identify risk and apply global and local quality processes and risk procedures to each client;
- Defines the broader business objectives to guide the work of others;
- Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Qualifications and work experience:
- Undergraduate degree in IT related field (e.g. Computer Science, Information Systems Management, Networking, IT, etc.)
- Master degree in any related field is an added advantage
- IT related technical certifications are also added advantages (e.g. CCNA, MCSE, CISA, TOGAF, Agile PMP, etc.)
- At least 4 – 6 years’ experience in consulting ;
- Experience with a professional services firm is an added advantage;
- Strong communication skills (oral and written);
- Effective presentation skills;
- Effective interpersonal skills;
- Well-developed skills for use of office tools including Excel, PowerPoint and Word;
- Strong critical thinking skills;
- Attention to detail.
Your role as a leader
At Deloitte we believe in the importance of leadership at all levels. We expect our people to embrace and live our purpose by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters.
Leadership / Behavioral Capabilities
Living our Purpose – Identifies and embraces our purpose and values and puts these into practice in their professional life.
Influence – Builds relationships and communicates effectively in order to positively influence peers and other stakeholders.
Performance drive – Seeks opportunities to challenge self; teams with others across businesses and borders to deliver and takes accountability for own and team results.
Strategic direction – Understands objectives for member firms/stakeholders and Deloitte Global, aligns own work to objectives and sets personal priorities.
Talent development – Develops self by actively seeking opportunities for growth, shares knowledge and experiences with others, and acts as a strong brand ambassador
How you will grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build world-class skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fastchanging business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue grow throughout their career.
Deloitte is led by purpose: to make an impact that matters. Every day, Deloitte people are making a real impact in the places they live and work. We pride ourselves on doing not only what is good for clients, but also what is good for our people and the communities in which we live and work-always striving to be an organization that is held up as a role model of quality, integrity and positive change. Learn more about Deloitte’s impact on the world. https://www2.deloitte.com/global/en/pages/about-deloitte/articles/impact-that-matters.html.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and business area you are applying to.Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals. https//www2.deloitte.com/us/en/pages/careers/topics/recruiting-tips.html
To the successful candidate, the firm will offer a competitive and performance driven remuneration package, a highly energized team environment comprising individuals who are committed to working together to make an impact that matters.
Closing date: 29 September 2019
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not ask individuals to pay any fees or give favours as part of the recruitment process.
TO APPLY CLICK HERE!
Vacancies at Tiba Home Care Tanzania, 2019
Tiba Home Care is the perfect solution for seniors and others who aren’t ready to leave their homes for an institutional setting or live with relatives, but because of illness or chronic conditions need support to remain at home. We improve your life by providing compassionate, one- on-one care in the comfort of your own home.
Tiba Home Care is the mobile service under Tanzanian registered NGO known as, V.E.S Foundation which its headquarters are located at Sinza Mori in Dar es Salaam region. Who are we Looking For? We are looking for nurses who have been registered or enrolled by the nursing board of Tanzania including these Qualities.
Job Title: Nurse/ Care AssistantJob Setting: Clients Premises/ Home Job Description: – Accurate use of Technology (Smart Phone) in providing our service – Going to a patients Home when requested by a Customer at any time of the day – Identify patients’ care requirements – Provide psychological support as needed – Resolve and/or report on patients’ needs or issues – Perform necessary routine diagnostic checks (e.g. monitor pulse, blood pressure, – oxygen, temperature etc.) – Accurately monitor and record data regarding patients’ conditions; document all provided care services – Function well during stressful situations to treat healthcare emergencies – Follow all care regulations and standards Nurse Qualifications/Skills: – Registered Nurse (RN) or Enrolled Nurse (EN) by the Tanzania Nursing And Midwifery Council (TNMC) – Must have completed a certificate ,diploma level or Degree Level – Active applicable state license** – Clinical skills – Bedside manner – Infection control – Physiological knowledge – Administering medication – Medical teamwork – Multitasking, listening, and verbal communication – Health promotion and maintenance – Clean background check and clean drug screen* – Fluent in English and Swahili **means its mandatory to have these qualities. your application will not be considered if you do not have these qualifications
– Both Employed and Unemployed Nurses may Apply