Jobs in Tanzania 2019: New Job Vacancy at Oxfam Tanzania, Head of Business Operations and Systems | Deadline: 18th August, 2019 AJIRA TANZANIA 2019 / NAFASI ZA KAZI 2019 Position: Head of Business Operations and Systems (INT5836) Contract type: Fixed Term – 1 year (renewable) Salary: Competitive Package Location: Dar es salaam, Tanzania Oxfam is a global movement of people working together to end the injustice of poverty.
Background Oxfam in Tanzania envisions empowered citizens with reduced poverty, reduced inequality and injustice with especially women and young people having access to resources and a good quality of life. We want to see evidence of citizens being more aware of and demanding their rights to resources and essential services. We also want to see less policy incoherence and positive changes at national level (policy) and community level (practices, perceptions, ideas and beliefs).
Oxfam therefore seeks to recruit a Head of Business Operations and Systems to lead Country Business Services functions/team and ensure provision of quality support to all operations in country, including humanitarian and development programmes. S/he is a member of the Senior Management Team and is responsible for effective and efficient delivery of all business support services to the Tanzania country programme; ensuring that Oxfam policies, procedures and minimum standards are adhered to and applied fairly at all times in relation to all business operations.
Reporting to the Country Director, the Head of Business Operations and Systems will be responsible for the following:
- Lead and provide support to the Country Director on risk management, systems and compliance
- Provide direction on financial management, policies and procedures, ensuring that the programme is informed of all financial developments in the confederation.
- Ensure all business support functions operate in an effective manner, complying with all Oxfam requirements and procedures including external commitments.
- Manage Country/Programme Information Systems staff as appropriate and ensure that outsourced activities and relations with key providers are properly maintained
- Strategic management of the Logistics function to ensure continuous follow up to Logistics processes and day-to-day operations ensuring compliance with minimum standards and policies.
- Provide leadership to the various business support functions and ensuring support to the programme and advice to the country management team through direct and matrix management.
- Ensure staff adhere to the security management procedures.
The person We are looking for a dynamic and credible leader with the following:
- Education to Graduate level in finance, administration, accounting with full professional qualification.
- A significant amount of experience in providing a whole range of financial and business support services, ideally within an International NGO or public sector.
- Experience of working in a supervisory position with a team structure.
- Proven ability to interpret financial procedures and standards and put them into practice and influence others in their implementation.
- Strong analytical and planning skills as well as be able to demonstrate experience of working with computerised accounting systems and demonstrable experience of working with computerised accounting packages and spreadsheets.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, able to work as part of a dispersed, multi-disciplined and multi-cultural team.
- Must demonstrate sensitivity and commitment to gender issues.
Our values and commitment to safeguarding
- Oxfam is committed to preventing any type of unwanted behaviour at work including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, lack of integrity and financial misconduct; and committed to promoting the welfare of children, young people, adults and beneficiaries with whom Oxfam GB engages. Oxfam expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment through our code of conduct. We place a high priority on ensuring that only those who share and demonstrate our values are recruited to work for us.
- The post holder will undertake the appropriate level of training and is responsible for ensuring that they understand and work within the safeguarding policies of the organisation. All offers of employment will be subject to satisfactory references and appropriate screening checks, which can include criminal records and terrorism finance checks.
- We are committed to ensuring diversity and gender equality within our organisation and encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply.
How to apply
This is a challenging opportunity for a dedicated and highly motivated
professional, with a strong commitment to Oxfam’s values and beliefs. If
you believe you are the candidate we are looking for, please upload
your up to date CV and a covering letter explaining your suitability
against the essential criteria in the job profile.
The closing date is 18th August 2019.
TO APPLY CLICK HERE!