A tour company based in Arusha and established in 1986 is looking to recruit a Managing Director. The company activity is tourism mainly in the Northern Circuit and is largely dominated by clients from Scandinavian countries.
- To be overall responsible for running of the company and reaching set targets
- Control the direction of the company as agreed with the board
- Be responsible for reaching set targets and KPI’s as defined in company goals
- English language proficiency foreign language is plus
- A masters in Business Administration or relevant field
- Hands on experience in developing strategic and business plans
- Minimum 10 years in the tourism industry
- In depth knowledge of market changes and forces that influence the company
- Knowledge of East Africa Travel and tourism trends
- Contract duration: Minimum 5 Years
- Proven experience as a leader no less than 5 years,
- Excellent organisational and time management skills,
- Outstanding communication, presentation and leadership skills,
- Superior quantitative and qualitative analytical skills,
- Problem solver able to keep calm and efficient under pressure and in crisis.
Application Deadline: 26th August 2019
Our client a luxury restaurant and soon to be lodge is recruiting for a mature experienced management couple who are ambitious and hardworking to join their team! Between the couple, we are looking to have the following key areas filled:
Food & Beverage Manager:
Who will take a lead in forecasting, planning and controlling the ordering of food and beverages for our hospitality property. You will also be expected to lead your team by an example.
Manage all staff and logistics such as customer service, food service, maintenance, and landscaping. The overall goal is to keep the client’s guests happy and provide a pleasurable experience for everyone that comes.
- Overseeing the full management functions of this Lodge, all meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) served,
- Assist department supervisors with day to day tasks,
- Inspect guest rooms, public areas, and grounds for cleanliness and appearance,
- Welcoming and checking in of guests,
- Establish targets, KPI’s, schedules, policies and procedures,
- Handling customer complaints and queries,
- Comply with all health and safety regulations,
- Ensure that company standards for guest services, décor, and housekeeping are met,
- Daily lodge banking, sales & expense reports and reconciliations,
- Completing all month-end duties as per property accounts,
- Compiling, monitoring and controlling of budgets during the financial year,
- Stock takes and control at month end,
- Financial and operational business reports to Head Office,
- Managing stock control,
- Managing Bar service and control,
- Management of guest delight activities,
- Answer questions from guests about hotel policies and services,
- Overall oversight of hospitality food, general appearance and management of maintenance issues,
- Ensuring effective communications when guests move on to another destination or require transfers – assisting with preparing welcome notes and indemnities, as required,
- Hosting at meals as required and per schedule,
- Organize for events and other activities that can be catered at the premises,
- Interview, hire, train, and sometimes fire staff members.
- Hospitality (Hotel / Lodge Management) Diploma or Degree,
- Minimum 8-10 years’ experience in high end lodging/restaurant operations,
- Up to date with food and beverages trends and best practices
- Strong leadership skills,
- Innovative and creative – To drive the hospitality at the lodge to new levels,
- Between the Couple the following Skills would be required:
- 4+/5 Star Lodge experience required (African experience preferred)
- Must be experienced in training
- F&B – Chef/Kitchen experience, Rooms Division, cost control and have strong administrative skills all round.
- Front Office / F&B Administrative experience
- Hospitality Sales and Marketing experience
- Ability to speak more than one language (multi- lingual)
- We require detailed and professional CV’s
- Applications must have individual Head and Shoulders photos of each partner
- Full details on all certifications / qualifications – preferable with scanned copies attached
- Full details and breakdown of current or last salary – preferable with copy of pay slip attached
- Reference letter from previous employers
- Applicants available immediately or at short notice will get preference
Application Deadline: 26th August 2019
FOOD & BEVERAGE SUPERVISOR
We are currently looking for young, dynamic, self-motivated Food & Beverage professionals who want to join our young and exciting team in Arusha. As a F&B Supervisor you are responsible to provide professional and customer focused service to our guests, ensuring their dining experience will become a memorable experience.
- Manage service aspects in all food and beverage assigned areas and events,
- Maintain knowledge and ensure compliance with departmental policies and standard service procedures,
- Be welcoming, approachable and professional always,
- Supervise efficient upkeep of tools through proper usage of equipment and devices,
- Supervise your stations and ensure that standards are always maintained,
- Analyze all guest requirements and prepare plans to resolve customer service-related issues and satisfy guests,
- To personally coach, train and develop the F&B service team to ensure good food and beverage knowledge, perfect sequence of service delivery.
- Monitor and ensure optimal cleanliness, sanitation for all service areas.
- To ensure the smooth preparation of the restaurant side-stations, mise-en-place and table set-ups as per outlets and Amani standards,
- Order stock and keep stock levels to a correct level,
- Assist all room service staff members to work properly and provide maximum facilities to guest’s outlets,
- Undertake daily and weekly cleaning following cleaning checklists,
- Facilitate procedures to take orders from visitors in systematic way and ensure timely delivery of dishes or drinks,
- Handle any loud, intoxicated or abusive guests,
- To continuously collect feedback from guests and report it back to the management,
- Ensure the proper appearance and grooming of assigned colleagues,
- Contribute to meeting and maximizing the monthly revenue budget from the respective outlet,
- Monitor bar set-up, dinning set up/pizza set up, and coffee breaks set up and processes plus initiate plans to enhance beauty of hotels,
- Prepare documents and maintain adherence to departmental standards..
- Diploma or degree in Hospitality Studies
- Good knowledge in both written and spoken English
- A minimum of 5 years of progressive responsibility in food and beverage industry required
- Proficient in hotel booking software including Microsoft Word and Excel
- Previous experiences in minor leadership and supervisory roles are a definite plus.
- Create and design food and drink menus,
- Manage kitchen staff and oversee food preparation,
- Ensure adherence to food sanitation and safety guidelines,
- Maintain food and drink inventory,
- Resolve customer complaints or concerns.