Job title: Veterinary Officers
Job location; Dar Es Salaam
Company Name: Young Investment Company Limited
Job Duties description for Veterinarian (veterinary officer)
• To keep a specified number of animals, taking care of their day to day growth and changes.
• Examine animals to detect and determine the nature of diseases or injuries that may happen to animals
• Treat sick or injured animals by prescribing medication, setting bones, dressing wounds, or performing surgery.
• Collect body tissue, feces, blood, urine, or other body fluids for examination and analysis.
• Advise animal keepers regarding sanitary measures, feeding, and general care necessary to promote health of animals.
• Train and supervise workers who handle and care for animals.
• Provide care to a wide range of animals or specialize in a particular species, such as cattle or exotic birds.
• Establish and conduct quarantine and testing procedures that prevent the spread of diseases to other animals or to humans, and that comply with applicable government regulations.
• Conduct postmortem studies and analyses to determine the causes of animals deaths.
• Inspect cattle, poultry, and other animals to detect the presence of communicable diseases.
• Plan and execute animal nutrition and reproduction programs.
• Research diseases to which animals could be susceptible.
• Inspect animal housing facilities to determine their cleanliness and adequacy.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Diploma in Animal Health and Production from any recognized higher learning Institution.
• Must be good in English speaking and writing
• Must have at least 3 years of working experience in related field, working in large poultry farm with more than 20,000 broiler or layers chicken or 200 cattle.
How to apply:
Qualified candidate should send their CV and Cover letter to email@example.com before Tuesday 20 August 2019. Qualified candidates will be contacted through their contact numbers for next steps.