INTRODUCTION: Mkulazi Holding Company Ltd (MHCL) is a joint venture company currently owned by National Social Security Fund (NSSF) and Tanzania Prisons Service. The principal activity of the company is to undertake production and importation of Sugar, Establishment of the Company is in line with the implementation of the second five year development plan (FYDP II) aiming to ensure that Tanzania becomes industrialized and middle income economy (Tanzania ya Viwanda) by the year 2025.
MKULAZI HOLDING COMPANY LTD Vision is to become the largest integrated sugar company in East and Central Africa. Its Mission is to produce and supply quality sugar and related products consistently and efficiently in local and regional markets. The Company company’s core values includes; Professionalism, Team Work, Innovation and Priority to customers’ needs. The company wishes to invite competent, experienced, qualified and dedicated young Tanzanians to fill in the vacancy positions currently available in the company as follows: Internal Auditor Reporting line: Head of internal Audit
Vacancy title: Internal Auditor
Job Purpose: To review the adequacy of operational and administrative policies and procedures with the goal of providing an independent objective assurance and consulting service and contributing to the improvement of Mkulazi Holding Company Limited operations. .
Qualifications and Experience
• University Degree in Accounting or Advanced Diploma in Accounting from a recognized Institution/University;
• Registered by the National Board for Auditors and Accountants (NBAA) as CPA or ACPA and must be trained in Advanced Computer Application.
• Computer skills on accounting software and databases will be added advantage:
• At least three (3) years working experience in Audit (Public or private),
• Working experience in accredited audit firms will be an added advantage.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Participate in the initial planning and preliminary survey of the audit of process/area/key activities, thus giving input to the audit plan and programme;
• Evaluate the efficiency and effectiveness of the internal control system;
• Prepare audit programme for the planned Audit;
• Conduct audit tests and procedures in compliance with the audit programme;
• Compile work papers and reference them to the audit programme;
• Confirm audit findings with the Audit customer;
• Prepare audit findings data sheets and time reports;
• Recommend corrective measures when appropriate;
• Perform special investigation assignments (non-routine audit);
• Review Financial Statements and advice accordingly,
• Prepare quarterly and annual Internal Audit Reports;
• Conduct follow up audits to monitor management’s interventions; and
• Perform any other duties assigned by supervisor.
• Management Accounts Supervisor will have the following qualifications:
• Minimum of five (5) solid years experience in Cost Accounting in a Manufacturing Environment;
• Must have a minimum qualification of Bachelor Degree in Accounting, Finance Commerce or related fields; CPA(T) will be an added advantage;
• Must have a strong cost systems background and have excellent analytical skills; sound understanding of Accounting Principles;
• Computer Literate – Strong Excel skills and the ability to use Outlook and Word;
• Experience with MAPICS a plus;
• Experience working with engineering and manufacturing personnel on development and analysis of cost standards;
• Ability to accurately prepare daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual report.
The Management Accounts Supervisor will be responsible for:
• Planning, Studying, and collecting data to determine costs of business activity such as raw material purchases, inventory and labour;
• Analyzing data collected and recording results;
• Analyzing changes in product design, raw materials, manufacturing methods or services provided to determine effects on cost;
• Analyzing actual manufacturing costs and preparing periodic reports comparing standard costs to actual production costs;
• Recording cost information for use in controlling expenditures;
• Analyzing audits of costs and preparing reports;
• Making estimates of new and proposed product costs;
• Providing management with reports specifying and comparing factors affecting prices and profitability of products or services;
• Maintaining Cost Accounting System;
• Assisting in Month end close of the General Ledger;
• Conducts physical inventories and monitors cycle count program;
• Reconciles finished goods inventories;
• Preparation of Monthly/ Quarterly Management Information Reports;
• Involved in plan, budget and budgetary control processes of the company.
• Must have a minimum qualification of Bachelor Degree in Accounting, finance Commerce or related fields; A postgraduate degree is an added advantage;
• Must be registered with NBAA as Certificated Public Accountant CPA (T), or similar qualifications accepted by NBAA;
• Must have at least Five (5) Years proven work experience as an Accountant in Corporate;
• Demonstrates ability to proactively work independently;
• Demonstrate skills in the production and presentation of consolidated financial statements and in the preparation of payroll, sales, and property tax retums;
• Excellent qualifications in financial and cost accounting and analysis with a history of continuous improvement in cross-functional areas for both increased revenue and decreased expense;
• Must have excellent communication skills – both written and verbal;
• Demonstrate ability to write period reports to the management and Board
• To ensure the chart of accounts and General Ledger are properly maintained:
• To ensure that all journals from various sub-ledgers are appropriately posted in the General Ledger;
• To ensure that revaluation of monetary assets and liabilities denominated in foreign currency is timely carried out;
• To ensure that new suppliers, customers and different accounts are properly created in accounting system;
• To ensure that all accounts are properly analysed and abnormal balances are cleared; To ensure financial statements of the company are timely and adequately prepared as per statutory requirements, and international reporting standard (FRS, NBAA, IAS etc)
• To update fixed asset register for all additions of property,plant and equipment in respect of asset description, coding location amounts etc;
• To effect asset transfer disposals/adjustments into accounting system;
• To run depreciation computation for all fixed assets/posted on a monthly basis;
• To ensure fixed assets register agrees to respective general ledger balances,
• To prepare schedule for additional assets with all particulars including, location and identification numbers (code numbers) monthly;
• To participate in physical verification of fixed assets and thereof carrying out reconciliation of physically verified fixed assets against fixed assets
• register annually;
• To carry out impairment and review of useful life of property, plant and equipment; Review of Financial Regulations, Accounting Manual and Asset Management Policy.
• To ensure adequate end of year procedures are carried out.
Job application procedure
Candidates meeting the requisite qualifications should submit their written applications and detailed CV to the address below with the position applied written on the top of the envelope, describing how they see themselves qualifying for the applied position. They should also send copies of academic certificates, three referees, daytime telephone numbers and email address. The deadline for all applications is 14 days after the first Advertisement. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Salaries and other benefits are as per MKULAZI HOLDING COMPANY LTD Scheme of Service and Staff Regulations of 2019,
CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER,
MKULAZI HOLDING COMPANY LIMITED,
PO BOX 1079, MOROGORO.
Deadline of this Job:
24th September 2019