Tanzania Chamber of Commerce, Industry and Agriculture (TCCIA) is a Private Sector Institution which was established in 1988 under the Companies Act Cap 212 as a company limited by guarantee. TCCIA was established with the purpose of uniting all members of business community, to formulate and uphold highest standard of business ethics and to act as instrument of members in dialogue with the Government on broad issues of macro and micro social-economic policies, to advocate, lobby and network for the well-being of businesses and prosperity of entrepreneurs amongst others. To Complement the Government initiative towards industrialization, TCCIA is now geared to formulating a new Vision and Mission with main focusing on business capacity building in Trade and Investment
TCCIA would like to recruit a dynamic, experienced, result oriented and qualified individual to fill the position of Executive Director that will foster the implementation of its goals and promote its strategic vision in contributing towards Tanzania’s socio-economic industrial transformation. In this context, all interested and qualified individuals are invited to apply for this position. The applicant must be of outstanding integrity, creativity, with a good track record of initiating change and capable of interacting with diverse groups of people with local and international experience.
Job Title: Executive Director Responsible to: TCCIA Board of Directors Purpose of the Job: Ensuring the vision and mission of the Tanzania Chamber of Commerce, Industry and Agriculture are realised and achieved .
Main Duties: • Providing day to day management of the TCCIA including human resource management, financial management, planning, and budgeting; • Coordinating and providing analytical support and assessment on identification of bottlenecks in doing business for engaging and with the Government and related stakeholders as well as advocacy; • Coordinating and supervising formulation of business ethics and advocating for buy in and commitment for upholding the highest ethical values; • Providing advice and assistance to the Government in formulation of Policies, Plans, Programs and Strategies relating industrial and agricultural development and promotion of trade domestically and in foreign markets; • Developing and implementing strategies for promoting, coordinating and protecting commercial, industrial and agricultural interests in Tanzania in general and of members in particular; • Provide leadership on establishment and oraanisation of Trade Industrial and Agricultural Exhibitions including development of financing mode; • Advocating for buy in of social unity and welfare within the commercial, industrial and agricultural community; • Develop and implement measures to secure uniformity in commercial practices; • Analysing applications and issue certificates of origin and other documents necessary for international trade;
• Coordinating identification of areas for cooperation with national, regional and foreign countries and to furnish information to business houses in foreign countries on the financial standing and commercial strength of national firms agreements on the establishment of joint working bodies with
• foreign bodies;
• Providing facilities for research into commercial, industrial and agricultural matters and dissemination of results;
• Providing leadership on instituting, establishing and promoting trade and export awards and prizes;
• Providing analytical support and recommendations on arbitrations or in the settlement of disputes arising out of business transactions and providing the means necessary for the independent courts of arbitration to perform their functions;
• Providing support on identification of potential national regional and international institutions which are potential for affiliation, consultation, and cooperation;
• Coordinating periodic evaluations of the performance, preparing and disseminating performance reports of the TCCIA; and
• Performing any other related duties as may be assigned by the Board of Directors from time to time.
• Master Degree in International Trade, Public Policy, Agriculture, Management, Governance, Economics; Financial Management or equivalent;
• PhD is an added advantage;
• Proficiency in computers and Microsoft Office Suite; and
• Fluency in English and Kiswahili.
Experience: This post requires a candidate with not less than 15 years of relevant experience of which eight years should be in a managerial and leadership position; andThe prospective candidate must demonstrate capacity in coordination, interaction with diverse group of people, management and problem solving.
Duty Station: Dar Es Salaam.
Remuneration: Attractive and negotiable package according to TCCIA salary scales.
Job application procedure
If you believe you are the right candidate for the above mentioned position, send your application letter, detailed curriculum vitae, photocopies of academic certificates, and names and contact details of three referees. Applications should be sent by post and received not later than Friday, 27th Sept, 2019 at 4.00 hrs, clearly addressed to the address given below.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Tanzania Chamber of Commerce, Industry and Agriculture,
Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania.