Ariel Glaser Pediatric AIDS Healthcare Initiative (AGPAHI), an
affiliate of Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Organization (EGPAF) is
Tanzanian led and managed national organization focusing largely on HIV
and AIDS and other related health programs. AGPAHI implements all its
programs in collaboration with Tanzania Government entities through the
Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children
(MoHCDGEC) and President’s Office – Regional Administration and Local
Government (PO RALG) and other stakeholders. AG PAH I supports the
provision of high-quality HIV and other health services and ensures that
efforts are well-integrated into existing regional and district health
AGPAHI is implementing various projects that are highly demanding and thus the organization is looking for a motivated, result driven, qualified and competent staff to fill the position of Communication and Advocacy Manager.
Job Title: Communication and Advocacy Manager
Reports to: Executive Director
Location: Dar es Salaam
The Communication and Advocacy Manager is responsible for communication and advocacy initiatives that build awareness to drive AGPAHI’s mission as well as publicity and visibility of the program. She/he will provide strategic communication to support AGPAHI’s programmatic work. The manager will also be responsible for managing the organizational image and branding.
- Planning and execution of communication and advocacy outcomes
- Develop and implement the Organization’s communication and advocacy strategy.
- Provides leadership in increasing the visibility of Organization’s work towards elimination of pediatric AIDS, prevention and treatment services through various communication channels.
- Provides guidance towards participation of influential leaders including policy makers to understand about Organization’s mission and vision and take part in advocacy and awareness raising programs.
- Lead the organizations’ documentation and media relations
- Documentation of Organization’s work through various communication channels in Tanzania.
- Strategic coordination and support for advocacy and communications for project teams
- Collaborate with technical team in organizing for mass campaigns and awareness raising programs in respective districts/regions.
- Provides leadership in increasing public awareness and education on HIV/AIDS through workshops and all communication channels as outlines in the communication strategy.
- Provides guidance on coordination of Organization’s engagement in public forums, exhibitions and conferences.
- Stakeholder engagement and partnership building
- Oversee and coordinate affiliation activities with sister Organization (EGPAF) as a liaison staff.
Education, Experience and Desirable Skills
- Holder of an advanced degree in Mass Communications, Journalism or Social Sciences from a recognized institution.
- Possession of a degree in Law is an added advantage.
- At least 4 years with relevant working experience in a recognized organization.
- Demonstrable experience in working in a team and managing people.
- Experience in HIV &AIDS Communication and Advocacy programs in Tanzania is crucial.
- Must be visionary, proactive and forward looking.
- Must be energetic, independent and be able to deliver timely under demanding situation.
- Must be innovative and self-motivated.
- Excellent journalistic verbal and written skills and ability to write simply for diverse audiences.
- Excellent management and diplomatic skills.
- Knowledge of existing in country key players of HIV & AIDS related networks.
- Experience in working with NGOs.
- Ability to frequently travel to the field.
- Proficiency in spoken and written English with excellent writing skills.
- Experience in print and electronic media
- Excellent interpersonal skills and high levels of self-motivation, integrity and professionalism.
- Good computer skills in Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Experience of working with a wide range of stakeholders, with proven ability to provide support to communication and advocacy initiatives.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and CV (not exceeding four pages) and names and contact
information of three referees before close of business on Friday 27th September. 2019 to the Human Resources
and Administration Manager, Ariel Glaser Pediatric AIDS Healthcare Initiative, by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please mention the title of the position in your email and do not
attach any document other than the CV and cover letter.
AGPAHI is an equal opportunity employer, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.