Position: Accountant Officer Location: Arusha
The Center for Water Infrastructure and Sustainability Energy Futures
(WISE-Futures) hosted by the Nelson Mandela African Institution of
Science and Technology (NM-AIST) in Arusha, Tanzania. The Centre is
funded by the World Bank under its Eastern and Southern Africa Centre of
Excellence (ACE II) Project. ACE II project development objective is to
strengthen twenty four selected Eastern and Southern Africa higher
education institutions to deliver quality post-graduate education and
build collaborative research capacity in the regional priority areas.
The Centre is currently looking for an Accountant. We invite suitably
qualifiedTanzanians below the age of 45 years to apply to this position,
who will be responsible fo r all financial related matters of the
- Minimum Qualification: Bachelor
- Experience Level: Senior level
- Experience Length: 1 year
Recommended:FOR MORE LATEST JOB NEWS 2019 CLICK HERE
Job Description Responsibilities:
- To administer and manage all financial aspects of project including: preparation and control of the budget, documentation of all receipts and payments, assets and liabilities and safe custody of security documents; and preparation of financial statements and reports.
- Facilitate preparation, review and submission of the annual operation plan/ budget of grants projects in line with donor requirements.
- Review and advice on all proposal budgets preparation with respect to compliance issues for all the funding sources.
- Budgetary Management and Monitoring – Analysis of spending against budgets for all Grant Project and addressing variances, Monitoring of budgets and pipeline for grants and advising Project management accordingly.
- Audit Performance – Coordination of all Grants audits i.e. (Internal audit, external audit, Donor Audits), ensure that responses to audit reports are done as per policy, that all previous years audit recommendations are implemented timely and that Project attains acceptable audit results across all Grants.
- Ensure mechanisms are in place for review of all Grants payment documents to ensure proper expense allocation to grants. In addition work closely with Procurement Unit team to ensure that special grant requirements are met in the procurement process as detailed in the financial and disbursement Manual.
- Conduct joint meeting with Programs staff for updating on financial and operation matters.
- Maintain effective communication with project management and other stakeholders on all Grants Financial Issues including continuous follow ups on Budget commitments.
- Coordinate grants management trainings for finance and non -staff.
- Coordination with other grant Finance staff to ensure that accurate grants reports are prepared and sent to the WISE-future project managers on a timely basis.
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
Minimum Qualification required:
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting or any other related discipline.
- Experience: at least 1 year in Accounting related discipline
- Preferred: CPA/ACCA/CA holder
- Master Degree in Accounting/Finance is an added advantage
Technical Skills & Abilities:
- ETxcellent computer skills in Excel & EPICOR and QUICK BOOK software.
- Experience in managing donor funds
- Working knowledge of Sponsorship and Grants operations, finance services and practices is an added advantage.
- Good Analytical skills necessary
- For this position project management skills is desirable
NEW JOB OPPORTUNITIES (2,430+ POSTS)
Duration of the contract: The position is based on a 2 years contract, full time, renewable subject to performance Salary: The Basic salary will be at the rate of USD 1167 (One thousand One hundred and sixty seven US Dollars) per month. Duty Station: Nelson Mandela African Institution of Science and Technology [NM-AIST],Tengeru – Arusha, Tanzania Reporting to: Centre Leader/ Deputy Centre Leader How to Apply? Please manually apply for this job using the details below:
Deadline for application is 09th October, 2019 at 23:59 hrs.
Applications should be sent by either e-mail or via post address and should be
Deputy Vice Chancellor,
Planning, Finance and Administration
The Nelson Mandela African Institution of Science and Technology,
P.O. Box 447,
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted through their addresses/telephone/e-mails.
For more information please visit the NM-AIST website: http://www.wisefutures.ac.tz/