Precision Air Services Plc is a fast growing private Tanzanian airline which operates in Partnership with Kenya Airways, with its strategies to expand wings beyond East Africa and Africa.
In order to keep our services at a higher level and meet our customers’ maximum satisfaction. We wish to invite applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill in this challenging position.
POSITION:AVSEC OFFICER – OPERATIONS, INVESTIGATION AND PROTECTION
REPORTS TO:CORPORATE SECURITY OFFICER.
DUTY STATION: DAR ES SALAAM.
ROLE PURPOSE STATEMENT:
Ensure full implementation and enforcement of security standards and procedures that provide for safe and secure environment for business at the airport and off airport locations network wide.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES /RESPONSIBILITIES
- Proactively supervise/monitor overall security operations within the regions in relation to safety of passengers, employees, baggage and cargo to ensure day to day operational compliance with the company’s and Airport Security manuals, procedures, and processes.
- Ensure that outsourced Security adhere SLAs and company security standards at all times.
- Build good working relationships with security providing partners at/off airports in the regions to facilitate timely/immediate solution of any security issues affecting parties on the ground.
- Conduct search on staff to ensure security of passenger baggage, courier, mail, cargo and in-flight materials before and after handling.
- Gather and relay information on aviation security, pilferage/theft of baggage/in-flight store, weight cheating, ticket frauds to ensure revenue integrity and no unlawful interference to company operations.
- Conduct preliminary investigation in all detected/reported cases to ensure speedy conclusion and submission to AVSEC – Quality, Investigation, Training and Records officer
- Prevent unauthorized and unsterilized items from being loaded or carried in the aircrafts holds and cabin.
- In liaison with related process owners, ensure nil aircraft security violation at all times
- Ensure efficient handling of lost and found property of customers before forwarding to the AVSEC – Quality, Investigation, Training and Records officer.
- Consistently implement anti-pilferage measures in response to any emerging trend.
- Ensure storage, integrity and confidentiality of security information, data and records until they are forwarded to the AVSEC Officer– Quality, Investigation, Training and Records.
- Ensure Security of the airline’s premises and offices within your region are secured at all time.
- Pro actively conduct self tests, inspections and surveys to ensure that security operations comply with Company Security Program.
- Ensure CCTVs and Intruder Alarms are working at all time.
- Ensure all staff, visitors and vehicles acquire airport permits at a reasonable time manner
- Continuously assess risks and threats to entire network security operations and implement mitigating actions
- Efficiently supervise and coach security staff ensuring a well motivated professional, active and alert team
- Effective Compliance of security programs and compliance of measures by relevant staff/3rd parties i.e outsourced GHA, Security companies & relevant stakeholders
- Customer Feedback (+/-)
- Statistics and trend of security incidents
- Zero occurrence of incidents resulting from absence of appropriate procedures/measures at the particular station
- Action of reported issues
- Staff Reporting of incidents requiring attention of management
- Accurate reports
- Detection of facts, deficiencies assisting to prevent risk of company loss of resources/reputation
- Service provider compliance with contractual obligations
- Staff punctuality
- High level of integrity
- Customer focused and good PR
- Decisive and confident
- Result oriented
- Good negotiator and articulate communicator
- Revenue and cost conscious
- Good command of Kiswahili and English languages
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Degree/Advanced Diploma in social studies or Equivalent
- 2 years of relevant security experience after attending at least two formal AVSEC courses, one of which must Basic Screeners course and certified by TCAA
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills.
- Basic Computer knowledge.
- Report writing.
Not later than 12th December 2019
Mode of Application:
If you feel you meet the above requirements please send your application and CV to the address below. Only short‐listed applicants will be contacted.
Head, Human Resources and Administration
Precision Air Services Plc
Mail Box 70770
Dar es Salaam