Key Account Manage at Yara Limited January, 2020
Date posted: Jan 14, 2020
Dar Es Salaam, TZ
Job Function: Sales & Marketing
About the Unit
Yara Limited is duly registered company under the Laws of Rwanda as a subsidiary of Yara Tanzania Limited also a subsidiary of Fertilizers Holdings AS, headquartered in Norway. We trade in importation and sale of fertilizers in Rwanda. The aim is developing a market concept that increases the number of farmers who use fertilizer in Rwanda including better knowledge in plant nutrition, improved distribution and logistics.
Yara Limited was established and started operations in Rwanda in 2015 and has grown to become a leading fertilizer distributor and is one of leading input companies supplying the Government subsidy scheme with specific crop programs as well as offering capacity building programs to farmers.
Key Account Manager is a position based in Kigali, Rwanda with the following responsibilities;
- Identify new customers and prospects for partnership and develop a strong relationship with key distributors in the allocated region
- Identify and document all commercial farms in the Region and in collaboration with Agronomy department, develop appropriate fertilizers use protocols.
- Identify 5 key Agro-dealers per district and develop their business with Yara through rebate system & training to ensure over 80% of their sales goes to Yara.
- Develop sales forecast for the region putting into account the season & crop roadmap. Ensure the sales forecast is reviewed monthly aligning it with Business plan for the region
- Develop customer profile index for all large crops cooperatives in the region and come up with a development plan aimed at ensuring that all members use Yara balanced crop nutrition program.
- Prepare and run training sessions about products, crops and solutions to farmers and distributors
- Support technical agronomists in organizing and planning exhibitions and field days
- Ensure visibility of Yara brand in line with Yara’s marketing strategy
University degree in Agronomy or related field.
A minimum of 3 years relevant experience in agronomy and sales
Has a sound working knowledge of the major local crops, cropping practices and conversant with the relevant local fertilizer and environmental regulations and legislation.
Competent in the use of Microsoft Office